ADVANCED YOGA & MOVEMENT TEACHERS EDUCATION
TEACHING AN EMBODIED INTELLIGENT PRACTICE ~ created by Julie Martin, Brahmani Yoga
This course is a continuing education training that will teach you how to guide your students with clarity and confidence through the journey that is an embodied yoga practice.
There is often a desire to teach in this way but not many courses can give you the skills, understanding, science and wisdom behind this way of working.
These are essential elements so that you can translate it into well-balanced classes that shift your students' awareness and therefore their relationship to yoga as a whole.
In this training we will meet in person for a 6 day intensive in Zurich at DAS YOGA HAUS, followed by online sessions, finishing with another 6 day intensive in Zurich.
2 x 6 days modules in person
4 x 3 hrs online sessions
Julie Martin has been leading teachers in the yoga world for over 20 years through this journey with an incomparable delivery and knowledge that makes the embodiment work come alive and accessible to teach for all.
Are you ready to move away from a shape-based practice and into an embodied way of teaching?
To inspire your students in their individuality and empower them to truly listen to the inherent intelligence of their body?
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- What embodiment really means, why it is important in the world of well being and the philosophical implications of teaching this way.
- Introducing your students to an embodied practice through understanding proprioception, interoception and exteroception first.
- The understanding of somatics and mindfulness, and how they differ from embodiment and yet still enhance the practice overall.
- Intelligent sequencing to support the journey of each student which includes the truth about layering movement and guiding students towards exploration without confusing them.
- New language skills. An embodied practice cannot be supported by ‘cue based’ teaching. A new language is needed to guide while still creating a container of support.
- Make the transition from your current style of teaching into an embodied one with skill so that you bring all your students with you.