INVERSION 101 SUMMER
This three-folded journey builds up to the ultimate goal of feeling safe and strong when upside-down.
Inversions bring a wealth of benefits and challenges to the body and to the mind. When upside-down we work on strength, balance, blood circulation etc. with excitement, fear, curiosity, respect, playfulness and more!
In our experience of teaching inversions for many years, we have noticed that the most common obstacles for the body are the following three:
- not enough strength, especially core strength;
- not appropriate alignment and awareness of shoulder rotations, extension and integration;
- not well developed orientation and balance.
These obstacles in the body reflect reciprocal blockages in the mind that manifest with fears, confusion, irregular breath, sense of failing and not being good enough.
Inversions are a wonderful journey and here you can find the support and guidance you need for it! Build strength, use your body with awareness and cultivate a clear and calm mind!
We look at different classic Yoga inversions:
- Sirsasana (head-stand),
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana (hand-stands)
- Pincha Mayurasana (forearms-stand).
We will create and hold a safe environment by preparing the body and listening to the mind. With an intelligent progression the poses will step by step unfold and arise as a natural result of your practice!
You will learn a routine to practice at home, so that within this time you have a real opportunity of progressing and get stronger in your body and mind.
Sign up if:
- You are not new to Yoga or you practice any other movement discipline.
- You want to learn inversions in a safe environment with an intelligent progression.
- You are ready to look at what fears and weaknesses in the body and mind hold you back and take your practice to the next level.
- You are either new to inversions or you finally want to make your practice bomb-solid.
If this course appeals you: thanks for your trust and see you on the mat! If you think you might not be strong enough for inversions: give yourself a chance to prove you wrong!
Salva has been practicing Yoga, Acrobatics and other movement disciplines for many years. His work is focused on perfecting the physical practice with the ultimate aim of going deep into the heart-mind processes. Find out more about Salva at www.bareful.ch.